Welcome To First Covenant Church, Seattle
We welcome all persons to call First Covenant Church, Seattle, home wherever they may be in their faith journey. We are a gathering of people deeply committed to our common faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of all; serving and loving each person as Christ loved us. We strive to embrace the rich diversity of the Body of Christ including one's race, ethnic or national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, economic status, education, marital status or station in life. We welcome everyone to full participation, membership, and leadership in the life of our church.
- New to First Covenant Church? Our Sunday morning schedule is here.
- Find out what is Coming Up This Week at First Covenant Church, Seattle.
First Covenant Church is a vibrant, inter-generational faith community, striving to be a vehicle of God’s grace in a diverse urban setting. Located in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood, First Covenant welcomes members and visitors alike into a historic and holy space.
Here, seekers come to join others to proclaim the Christ, nurture their faith experiences, and pursue Christ’s call to serve their neighbors, on the block and around the world. Come join us in worship and experience God alive in the city!
We are located at 400 East Pike Street, Seattle WA. at the corner of Pike and Bellevue, just east of Interstate 5, a few minutes walk from from downtown Seattle. See a map for directions.
Earlier this year we took time to tie notes of encouragement and support for neighbors and friends to the railings outside our church. Why? Because we believe that racism, sexism, homophobia and any form of hatred is contradictory to the good news that Jesus taught us and asks us to live. If you are feeling scared, tired, hopeless, angry, triggered, or oppressed, know that you are loved, you are valued, and we stand with you. #loveyourneighbor #lovetrumpshate
Children's Ministry reminders at First Covenant
Sunday Morning Worship begins at 10 am throughout this calendar year. Preschool worship and Children's Church will continue during the service, however, students will move downstairs AFTER the gospel reading. Children in Kindergarten-3rd grade are welcome to participate in Children's Church. There is no Children's Church on Communion Sundays, which are typically the first Sunday of the month.
Once the service concludes, parents must pick up their children downstairs.
- Sunday School this year will be AFTER worship. Children's Sunday School will begin at 11:15 am in the sanctuary choir loft for 10 minutes of playful song, offering, and prayer. Children will sit with their classes, and be escorted by their teacher at 11:25 am to their classrooms.
- Preschoolers through Kindergarten ages will be taught by 4 teams of teachers (Sharon & Heidi, Jane & Elaine, Janine & Aaron, and Rita & Elaine). They will be in the preschool room downstairs. Please pick up your kiddos at 12:00 noon.
- Elementary students in grades 1-5 will be taught by Ann & Jerry, Jo, and Mary. They will be in the Sky Lounge upstairs. Please pick up your kiddos at 12:10.
- Jr. & Sr. High Students will go out for coffee/treat with Marcia, Tyler & Stephen, or Tom & Emily. Confirmation students will meet in Pastor Paul's office.
- Finally, Tim Beggs and Marcia Corner are introducing Music Ministry during the Sunday School hour on the last Sunday of the month for students in grades 1-12. This hour will be for spiritual and musical formation and will replace classroom instruction. Students will learn music to occasionally join the adult choir for anthems and introits. This extended hour of Music Ministry will be Sep 25, Oct 23, Nov 20, Nov 27, Dec 4, Feb 26, Mar 26, Apr 30, May 28.
Lastly, there will be lunch every week in the Summit at 12:15 pm (suggested donation $5.00 individuals, $20 families). Lots of other special events for Children coming up. Check our Youth Group Activities page for details.