Children & youth ministries
We highly value the intergenerational nature of our church, and we are deeply dedicated to nurturing the faith of the children and youth in our congregation. We commit to the spiritual growth of young people through classes, music ministries, family ministries, mentoring relationships, worship, childcare, camping, and special events. Read below to learn more!
SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP
We begin worship in the sanctuary at 10am, and children of all ages are always welcome. However, we do provide opportunities for children who may not want to stay for the service.
- Nursery: Nursery care is available for the entire worship service in the nursery in the lower level. We use cell phones to communicate with parents (please set phones to vibrate).
- Children’s Church: Children in preschool through third grade are dismissed to Children’s church following the Gospel reading. They gather in the lower level Fireside Room for an age appropriate lesson using the Godly Play curriculum.
- Children’s Bulletins: There are clipboards for children available at the welcome table by the front door as you enter. The bulletins are filled with activities for kids that are associated with the scriptures we are reading in church that Sunday.
After the worship service, parents may pick up their children downstairs.
Sunday school begins after worship at 11:15am for an age-specific opportunity for Christian formation and Bible lesson.
- Preschool–Kindergarten: Play & Worship meets in the Preschool Room downstairs (parent pick-up at noon)
- Elementary (1st–5th grade): An Illustrated Compassion: Learning to Love Like God meets in the Sky Lounge upstairs (parent pick-up at 12:10pm)
- Youth (6th–12th grade): Breakfast Club will meet in the Narthex and go with the leader to a nearby coffee shop.
- Confirmation: Students in 8th–9th grade are invited to a two-year formal educational curriculum called The Journey with Pastor Paul.
For questions, please contact Marcia Corner.