Children & youth ministries
We highly value the intergenerational nature of our church, and we are deeply dedicated to nurturing the faith of the children and youth in our congregation. We commit to the spiritual growth of young people through classes, music ministries, family ministries, mentoring relationships, worship, childcare, camping, and special events. Read below to learn more!
SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP
We begin worship in the sanctuary at 10am, and children of all ages are always welcome. However, we do provide opportunities for children who may not want to stay for the service.
- Nursery: Nursery care is available for the entire worship service in the nursery in the lower level. We use cell phones to communicate with parents (please set phones to vibrate).
- Preschool Care and Children’s Church: Preschoolers are dismissed for childcare, and children in kindergarten through 3rd grade are dismissed to Children’s church, following the Gospel reading. They gather in the lower level with their teachers. There is no children’s church on Communion Sunday, but there is care for preschoolers.
- Children’s Bulletins: There are clipboards for children available at the welcome table by the front door as you enter. The bulletins are filled with activities for kids that are associated with the scriptures we are reading in church that Sunday.
After the worship service, parents may pick up their children downstairs.
Sunday school begins after worship at 11:15am. All children are invited to gather in the sanctuary for a brief time of playful music, offering to our special Sunday school project, and prayer. At 11:25 teachers will lead their students to classrooms for a Bible lesson.
- Preschool–Kindergarten: Adventures with God meets in the Preschool Room downstairs (parent pick-up at noon)
- Elementary (1st–5th grade): Armor of God meets in the Sky Lounge upstairs (parent pick-up at 12:10pm)
- Youth (6th–12th grade): Breakfast Club will meet in the Narthex and go with the leader to a nearby coffee shop.
- Confirmation: Students in 8th–9th grade are invited to a two-year formal educational curriculum called The Journey with Pastor Paul.
Students in grades 1–12 have an exciting opportunity to participate in an extended music time during Sunday School on the following Sundays: Sep 25, Oct 23, Nov 27, Dec 4, Feb 26, Mar 26, Apr 30 and May 28 during the 2016–17 academic year (preschool/K class to join Nov 27, Dec 4 & May 28). Students will join the adult choir for special music opportunities during worship throughout the year.
For questions, please contact Marcia Corner.